2010年8月29日星期日

Jane Lynch Scores Supporting Actress Award At Emmys

Jane Lynch won't be throwing any slushees in the faces of Emmy voters this

year. The woman who weekly terrorizes the kids of "Glee" as Sue Sylvester
took home the statue for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy on
Sunday night and seamlessly combined humor and true surprise in her acceptance speech.

"Thank you so much," she told the crowd from the stage, clutching her Emmy
in a one-shoulder purple dress. "This is outlandish!"

Lynch went on to thank her family and "Glee" co-stars in true Lynch-ian
fashion. "I want to thank my parents on the South Side of Chicago for
raising us to the sounds of musical theater and being so unintentionally
hilarious," she said in her speech. "I love being an actor. I love being
an ensemble." Later, recalling the calming spirituality of Buddhism, she
joked, "Although I am not Buddhist, they do seem like a very calm people."
She had the audience in stitches when she said actors "have no choice or any marketable skills. I have to thank my lord and creator ['Glee'
mastermind] Ryan Murphy for creating this role of a lifetime and the cast
who are so young and fresh-faced, and when I'm not seething with jealousy,
I'm so proud of you. And I love you my wife Laura and my little girl,
Haden."


Later on, Murphy also snatched up a prize for Best Direction of a Comedy.
In his speech, he shared with the room why he was inspired to make the
show: "Thank you so much. I'm so shocked. I would like to thank Fox ...
Tom Ford for the tux, my beautiful cast, whom I love so much. 'Glee' is
about the importance of arts education, so I would like to dedicate this
to all my teachers who taught me to sing and finger-paint."

没有评论:

发表评论